I went on a dumpster diving mission last week-end and I found two vintage cinder blocks that I managed to carry back home. Why? To create a tiny alpine garden with it. It’s pretty simple and gives a very unique look to your yard. You can pile them up in disorganized ways to create texture, and can make a green wall between you and your neighbor. Have fun with it and show us how yours turned out on Instagram #boatpeoplevintage xo Ari
- Cinder blocks
- Succulents and alpine plants that live well in chalky soil.
- Enriched potting soil
- Start by piling or laying your blocks where you want them, once the flowers and soil is potted, it’s harder to carry around :)
- Organize your plants so their heights and colors create a nice pattern
- Add soil to the bottom of the holes
- Remove pot from your plant and untangle the roots if they are bounded
- Re-pot your plants and add soil, gently pressing it down to hold it in place.
- Water well and admire your work :)
Final result with happy cat: