I am super exited to present to you a fun sewing project for your summer vacations; the DIY circular, or skater skirt. I tried to make this pattern the simplest possible so you can make your own skirt in less than an hour. Mine costed 7$ including zipper and thread, that’s crazy cheap for such a fashionable piece right? I chose to go for a show-off zipper because it’s a bit easier to create, but you can also make a regular hidden zip closure, you’ll find tons of tutorials on Youtube on how to sew a zipper. If you hate the metallic fabric I picked, you can choose pretty much any midweight fabric and it will look awesome as well.
- 1 meter of midweight fabric
- 27 cm zipper
- sewing machine
- sewing material (thread, needles, scissors and measuring tape)
- Take your time when doing the maths, this will make your skirt fit properly and will prevent your from having to start over (like I did because I f*ck my overall length measurement the first time around aha)
- Pin your zipper in place, it will be much easier to sew
- I didn’t finish the bottom hem, if you wish, maybe add 1″ to the overall length (L)