After Ari published her post about creative pumpkins, I thought it would be nice to find a pumpkin drink recipe to accompany your pumpkin arts and crafts. So I tried Kiersten’s of Oh My Veggies Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake and it is absolutely delicious. (I must say that I twisted a tiny bit the original recipe to make it taste more like pumpkin pie!)
What you need:
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or sweetener of choice (I used Agave but it’d be interesting to try molasses instead!)
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I made my own mixing grounded Nutmeg, Ginger and Cinnamon)
- 3/4 c. plain or vanilla almond milk (any other milk works just fine)
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/2 small banana, frozen
- sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional and added from the original recipe)
In the morning, add frozen banana to pumpkin mixture and blend in food processor. Process until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add more milk. Pour into glass and sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
For other delicious vegetarian and vegan recipes please visit Kiersten’s blog.